So I've had this vase just sitting in front of my fireplace for probably two years now...
To tell you the truth, I've never liked it..never..but I just always had it sitting there because that's where it fit the best. The thing I hated the most about it..was...the black hole!
So today I decided to redo it.
I squirted my paint on a paper plate and bunched up my plastic bag. I dabbed it in the paint and then around the plate to just get a very light coat on the bag. Then, I started dabbing my vase all over. I wanted the pattern to be sporadic, but I needed the first coat to cover the base color.
You can play with how much paint you put on your bag. Use varying amounts to give your surface different textures. I like the way the bag leaves the paint looking. Once I was happy with my paint I decided to refinish the top of the vase. The before was a ceramic version of a type of twine-look. So, I used the same method as here and wrapped my jute around the top, securing it with Elmer's Glue.
I think it fits my space much more nicely then the ugly black hole did before! And I'm digging the texture on it...which unfortunately can't be seen by my photo, but trust me, it's great!