Friday, June 18, 2010

Girly Craft Day! Part 3

For our last craft we made T-Shirts! I have been wanting to freezer stencil something for a while now, so I was excited to do this. I found some tanks and shirts on sale at Old Navy and bought the new Fabric Spray Paint, so Avery could do the painting!
First, we cut out our shapes with cardstock and outlined them on the dull side of a piece of freezer paper.
Then, I cut out the shape with an exacto knife.
I then ironed on the freezer paper, shiny side down, onto the shirt.
Avery couldn't wait to spray paint!
For our first two shirts we covered the rest of the shirt and then sprayed the
paint to cover the entire stencil opening.
For our last shirt we used the negative of the freezer paper to add flowers to our shirt.
Avery asked to just "spray like crazy" all over the shirt! So...that's what she did!
Here is what we came up with! Our "A" shirt bled a little, I think that we sprayed too much paint. But, that's the best part of making it yourself, we still liked it!
The flower one is my *Fave* because it was all Avery's idea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment