Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Roadkill Rescue: Zebra Office Chair

My sister has been looking for two chairs to put in her office. Yes, we could have gone to a furniture store and paid lots of money for one... but what's the fun in that? All it took was a little waiting and wah-lah, my neighbor put out four of these guys ready for trash pick-up.
We removed the upholstery tacks and weaving from the top and sanded the whole chair. We took off the seat and covered it in an rust orange zebra print outdoor fabric we found on clearance at Jo-Ann's for $6.00.  We spray painted it with Valspar paint in Porcelain and of course sanded down the edges to rough it up a little bit.
I love the way they turned out. $6 for two chairs, now that's thrifty!
I think the other chair is jealous. I have plans to redo the other two for my craft room. Right now I've been sitting on metal folding chairs...not comfy at all! Look for those soon.... I plan on being a little bold with those since they're for crafting!
Get Your Craft On Tuesday

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. wow! what a makeover! love, love, love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair looks great! Doing away with that hideous weaving made a world of difference. Like the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I recently found a roadkill chair, and I hope it turns out as nicely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! I love the brown zebra print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say one thing that the above chairs are stylish and little bit different but they are not so comfortable. I like all of them but can not think to buy it as it is not comfortable.
    Office chair

    ReplyDelete
  6. $6 for both?!! Great job! I love everything about them! The paint color, the fabric, and I love the fact that you finished one chair so you could take a side by side picture! :) I wish I would have though of that a couple of times when I've transformed things!

    ReplyDelete