Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pier 1 Inspired Wall Art

So, I was visiting my sister and she had bought a piece of art for her bedroom from Pier 1. She loved it, but her only complaint was that it didn't match her bedroom decor, color wise. So... as soon as I heard that the crafter in me said "Well, I can make one with your colors!" I figured before I bombed a gift for her I would practice by making one for myself. I've been wanting to put the word Create in my craft room, but wasn't sure in what form, so why not try this?

Here is the inspiration from Pier 1. (sorry, cruddy camera phone shot is all I have)
And here is my attempt at one!
I'll post the tutorial hopefully tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Soo cute! i love it! You just inspired me to fill that empty spot on my wall with just that! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'd love to see it whenever you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I just saw the original at Pier 1 the other day and thought it was cute. Great idea to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Would be fun in a craft room. I am hosting a link party on my blog this weekend about words/quotes (The Weekend Word Search). Please consider stopping by! Your project would be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete